Magnus Eventus Inc. First Mega Job Fair for 2013 was launched at the Activity Center of Trinoma Mall, North Avenue corner EDSA, Quezon City Last January 23 & 24, 2013.During this event, Mrs. Angelu De Leon-Rivera, MEi official event endorser, was there to show her support. 4,764 jobseekers and 43 employers from various industries participated the event.
The Philippine Society for Orphan Disorders (PSOD) and OI Support Philippines (Osteogenesis Imperfecta - Brittle Bone Condition) joined us and share with us the awareness about the upcoming Rare Disease Day and how we can help employ the Filipinos with disabilities. The event is not just awareness for the Rare Diseases but also to ignite and inform the employers that PWD must also be treated with the same opportunities. We are also happy to see Mr. Will Aucina, a PWD jobseeker in a wheelchair, trying his might to apply together with the able jobseekers.
In all our events Magnus Eventus Inc. will now include the gathering of signature campaign to support the PSOD and OI Support Philippines to enact a Rare Disease Act of the Philippines.
The Bill aims to:
1. Ensure that every patient diagnosed to have a rare disease has access to timely health information and adequate medical care, including drugs and other healthcare products needed to treat or otherwise help them cope with their condition;
2. Establish an office or program within the Department of Health to:
• Oversee research & development activities on rare diseases
• Design and maintain a rare disease registry which shall include data on rare diseases in the Philippines, patients afflicted with rare diseases, orphan drugs and products, and Conduct of public education programs to identify persons with rare diseases and help the public understand the special needs of such persons
3. Provide regulatory and fiscal incentives to support research and development activities on rare diseases and the import or manufacture of affordable orphan drugs or orphan products; and
4. Institutionalize a fiscal incentive system for agencies involved in clinical researches, patient care, medical information management, and other similar activities for the benefit of persons afflicted with a rare diseases.
5. Increase participation of public-private entities in terms of awareness, advocacy, funding and other support for rare
6. Strengthen service delivery to PSOD patients and families
Magnus Eventus Inc. is made with advocacy, our main goal is to help. One must act so we can achieve something. Thank you for visiting our website.